1. Collection Of Personal Data
When you access and use the Website, we may collect, use and process, to the extent permitted by law, personal data provided by you (such as, user identification, name, title, contact details, payment related information, VAT number identification) or generated as a result of your access and use of the Website (such as, your IP address, your connection data).
In order to access and use certain information, features or services, you may be required to provide personal data. Specific information about why we have asked for personal data will be provided to you prior to the collection such personal data.
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
• Customer service. We use your data for customer service purposes, including providing services to you; for technical support, or other similar purposes; and to establish and maintain user accounts;
• Marketing. To the extent permitted by law or with your consent, we use your data for marketing and promotional purposes, including through email or equivalent electronic means. For example, we may use your data, such as an email address, to send news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about services or information we think may interest you. We also may use your data to assist us in advertising our services on third-party websites;
• Communication. We use your data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance. We may communicate with you in a variety of ways, including via electronic means (email or text message) and via your social media accounts if you have agreed for us to do so;
• Administration. We use your data for administrative purposes, including helping us to better understand how our customers access and use our Website; to provide reports to prospective partners, service providers, regulators, and others; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect our customers and us; to enforce our policies, terms, and other policies;
• Research and development. We may use your data for research and development purposes, including improving our Website, services, and customer experience; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes;
• Legal compliance. We use your data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena, court order, legal process or discovery request;
• To protect us and others. Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies or terms.
3. Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal information with any members of the Michelin corporate group, as constituted from time to time.
We may also disclose your personal data to the following recipients or categories of recipients:
• Those in charge of the marketing service, the sales department, the departments responsible for managing customer relationship and prospecting, administrative services, logistic and computer services as well as their superiors;
• Service providers in charge of monitoring areas of our business (including auditors, service providers in charge of controlling internal procedures, etc.);
• Our subcontractors and service providers, who may or may not be third parties external to our business; and
• Our chosen partners and third party companies external to our business.
Tyredating may also share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
• Where we have entered into strict confidentiality agreements with third parties who are not entitled to further share or disseminate your personal information for its own independent purposes;
• Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
• We believe it necessary to share the information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
• We believe it is necessary to share the information in order to protect Tyredating’s rights, usage terms, intellectual or physical property or for safety of Tyredating or associated parties; and/or
• If Tyredating or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information we hold about you and your customers may be one of the transferred assets.
4. Transfers Of Data, Including Transfers Outside Your Country
By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfers, storage and processing outside the EEA.
Any such transfer, storage and processing will only take place if: (a) the non-EEA country in question ensures an adequate level of data protection; (b) one of the conditions listed in schedule 4 of the Data Protection Act 1998 (and any applicable conditions in any other UK or EU legislation or regulation relating to the processing of personal data from time to time in force that deals with cross-border transfers of personal data) is satisfied; or (c) Tyredating has ensured that the transfer is subject to adequate safeguards (such as the model contractual clauses designed to facilitate transfers of personal data from the EEA to third countries that have been adopted by the European Commission or adherence to the principles of the Privacy Shield).
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use stricture procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Data Retention Period
Your personal data may be retained for two hundred (200) days.
6. Your Rights And How To Exercise Them
6.1 Your rights in relation to direct marketing
In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to object at any time to the collection of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
However, please note that if you do object to the processing of your personal data, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services of the Website.
6.2 Access to information
You have a right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may charge a small fee of up to £10 for each subject access request you make to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
6.3 Inaccurate personal information
Tyredating shall not be responsible for the accuracy of personal data you have supplied to us. It is your duty to ensure that the information you have provided to us is correct.
If you believe that any personal data we are holding about you in incorrect or incomplete, you have a right to request that the personal data be rectified, completed or deleted. To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com, enclosing a document evidencing your identity, and expressly indicating the right you want to exercise. We will promptly correct or delete any information found to be incorrect.
7.1 What are cookies?
Only the cookies on your device are identified. Personal details can be saved in cookies, provided that you have consented thereto, for example, in order to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again.
Name of Cookie Placed by: Use Lifespan unless declined/deleted
_ga Google Analytics Website Analytics 13 months
_gat Google Analytics Website Analytics 10 minutes
__utma Google Analytics Website Analytics 13 months
__utmt Google Analytics Website Analytics 10 minutes
__utmb Google Analytics Website Analytics 30 minutes
__utmc Google Analytics Website Analytics Period of browsing session
__utmz Google Analytics Website Analytics 6 months
__utmv Google Analytics Website Analytics 13 months
Name of Cookie Use Lifespan unless declined / deleted
customconfig Stores the currently selected template during the templating Period of session
loginconfig Autologin on the store website from the administration interface
Period of session
hasClosedCookiesPolicy Registers that the cookies window has been closed 24 hours
ngStorage-creation Store creation information of an eShop Period of browsing session
TYREDATING_KEY Configuration of templating during the preview Period of browsing session
cookieId Session-ID for the administration interface 5 hours
For further information on how Google uses your data, please refer to https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/.
7.4 How can you disable or delete cookies?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use our Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies.
Visit the “help” section of your browser for how to manage your cookie settings, or follow the links below:
• Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
• Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
• Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
• Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
You can delete existing cookies which are already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our Website, you may not be able to take full advantage of the services offered on the Website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
9. Contact Us